How to enable the navigational support for the page or report from search option on Business central
AL provides property called as UsageCategory which can be used to enable the search for page or report through search in Business central. If the UsageCategory property not defined then it will not available in search
Following are the property values which one can define in AL
Try Business central over here
As you all aware that Microsoft announced Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business central at Directions Asia.
Lets see what’s new in newly announced product…
First of all it looks great when you open and nicely arranged information on role center.
- This feature added to top of role center
- Great for describing trends, greetings..
- Maximum 75 characters.
- For developer new page type property =HeadlinePart
Creating Extension with InApp designer
This is one of cool feature provided by Dynamics 365 Business Central where in you can design the pages and based on that extension will get created.
In this mode one can select to see preview on different client like desktop,tablet and mobile.
Do personalization as you like . Drag and drop . Hide and move parts ,columns, fields,cues.
Now we can view the report within the web client
Key Board Experience
Do selection of record using Ctrl +A. Use Up ,Down arrow keys for navigation and many more.
Even though one can select alternate record by pressing CTRL key.
No need to restart web client after changing role center.
Big list of Notifications
Stay tuned for many more features….
At Directions Asia 2018 Bangkok Microsoft revealed new name for product as ‘Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central’
This release of Microsoft dynamics NAV consist of full capabilities of NAV and modules are divided in following two pricing points
- Financial Management
- Supply chain Management
- Basic Human Resources
- Customer Relation Management
- Project Management
- Service Order Management
- Manufacturing Management
Following countries will get Business Central on specified date
|2nd April 2018
||1st July 2018
- United States
- United Kingdom
For More on Roadmap we can find more details here https://roadmap.dynamics.com/#edition=1
For Demo Version we can visit here https://dynamics.microsoft.com/en-us/business-central/overview/
- This app will be available on all devices like phone, tablet, laptop, and desktop with all rich functionality and not only on windows but on Android and IOS.
- It is currently only a cloud based solution. Dynamics NAV 2018 continues to be available as is for on premises solutions, and being updated by means of cumulative updates
- Extended Outlook functionality you can create quotes, based on the content of a mail. and you can even submit invoices, all from Outlook!
- In-Client visual designer.
Ready to Go Program for Partners
Get ready for Business central……
After having lot of confusion about release of NAV 2018 here come out some news.
Just have a look at following blog
Lets see what will be in store in upcoming months…
At directions NA MS revealed the new NAV called Dynamics 365 Tenerife. Though I am not at event but got first look from community friends.
Announcement from MS
Preview of Dynamics 365 Tenerife
Stay Tuned ….
Following are updates for MS NAV for month of September
Update for Development Preview
Lot of issues pointed out on GitHub is fixed in this development preview update. You can visit GitHub for more info :-https://github.com/Microsoft/AL/issues
Released Cumulative Updates
NAV 2017 CU 10 :- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55797
NAV 2016 CU 23 :- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55798
NAV 2015 CU 35 :- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55796
As the NAV development tool getting updated every day based on the issues reported on GitHub and MS team is continuously updating the development tool
Refer following link for update for this month
Dynamics 365 for operations-warehousing has been made available on windows store and google play store.
The Dynamics 365 for Operations – Warehousing app includes the following features to boost productivity:
- A tailored interface designed for fast warehouse scanning
- Supports over 40 different warehouse processes
- Custom built on-screen numeric keypad for you to hit numbers easily
- A simple calculator for you to enter and calculate quantities in a breeze
- Possibility to adjust font size and width of input fields on any device
For more information you can have look at following link